Skip to main content

Having Fun in Nagoya City

Today we all had to have another health check at Sugiyama. I think all the first year students have a health check...the line was really long, but being exchange students, we got to jump each line! First of all, we had an X-Ray that took literally one second. Next was height, weight (46kg!! Our scales at home are definitely wrong...how could I lose 3kg in under two weeks?), blood pressure, then a blood test. I was lucky; I said to Nasu-san that once I got a panic attack, so she made sure the people knew I wasn`t going to have it done :)

I tagged along with Natalia and Nicole to meet two of Natalia`s Japanese friends in Nagoya City. On the way, we stopped off in Sakae; I bought an egg sandwich for lunch, it was great. I miss sandwiches! We had a look at the shops in the station building; there were two floors of awesome, awesome clothes and shoes, like the one in Passe, Nagoya City. When my scholarship comes through, I can`t wait to go on a shopping spree...with my budget in mind of course. At the moment it feels like I`m spending a lot, so I`m going to hold off on buying things I want, and only getting things I need.

Once finished in Sakae, we met Asami and Yuko at Bic Camera, a big electronics store. We spent a bit of time there looking at cameras, etc. Then we went and did Purikura! I`ve always looked forward to doing it. For those that don`t know, purikura are little stall things that are completely enclosed, with bright lights, covered on the outside with pictures of really pretty Japanese girls. You have your photo taken a few times, then afterwards can write on the photos and decorate it however you like. The photos are printed as stickers. It`s really popular with girls, (but also for couples) and quite cheap! Here are a few we did below (I couldn`t figure out how to turn on infrared to my phone, so I couldn`t get better quality. I just took a photo with my digital camera. When Yuko sends me the pictures to my phone, I`ll put them in another post):



After that, we went to a restaurant in the station building called Tokyo Ramen Eiyaku Machi (I`m not quite sure about the `Eiyaku` part, it could`ve been something similar). It had Tokyo style ramen, and was really nice, but there was so much! I`m amazed I ate it all; I even had one of Asami`s gyoza with spicy soy sauce, which was so, so yummy.



Next, we went to the top of the station building, which was 45 floors. We could see outside the elevator, which only goes straight to the top. It cost 700 yen to go the viewing platform, but it was worth it. It was such an amazing view of the whole city.



View of the ceiling from one of the building entrances.



It`s windy.



Natalia, Yuko, me, Nicole, Asami





The pretty building I always see and really like.



Nagoya Castle.



Another pretty building.





JR twin towers. The left is a hotel, and the right has offices. Apparently.




We were in the viewing area for maybe an hour. It was really nice.



View from the street.



The twin towers from the ground. Actually they`re quite pretty too, I seem to have a lot of photos of them.
Now for some random photos:
Last night`s dinner. Japanese frozen pizzas are no good. Plus, I had to microwave it, which made it worse.

Chinese laundry?
Afterwards we went home, I got my bank card from Miyamoto-san (I had to sign for it), and after cropping photos it was internet time! I had lots of kind messages from friends on Facebook, so it was an extra happy day today :)
xxx Lorelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Post for Today!

Thought I should put up some of the photos that others have added of me on Facebook: I think I look about 10 years old in this one! Terrible photo of me! I never realised my hair colour was so light Welcoming Party...oh yes I love photos. Especially when they stand there for ages and I know it's about to happen. You're bound to get a lovely photo out of it. Pfft. The colour of my skin looks weird, and something is not quite right with my face! It's weird, I can't work it out... On a side note, 売買, pronounced baibai means buying and selling. Easy as! I'll have no trouble forgetting that one! Okay, back to study :D

Sugiyama Jogakuen Welcoming Party

...it was not a `party`. Today was rainy :( I still haven`t bought myself an umbrella. So when we left, I took one out of the stand. I hoped that whoever owned it wouldn`t be wanting to go out. I`ve noticed Japanese rain is remarkably different to when it rains in Tasmania. In Tasmania, the winds blow, so it`s impossible to use an umbrella anyway. It Japan there is very little, so the rain falls straight down. I actually prefer Tasmanian rain. You`ll hear why later. Sugiyama`s Sunday bus...I guess they don`t expect many people to be going to University. I couldn`t believe how much space there was! So, at 9.20am we arrived at Sugiyama, and I jumped immediately onto the computers. Still no news. There has been no news for a few days now, which is extremely disappointing. When there`s no news, it makes me feel isolated. Once inside CIEP (Center for International Exchange Programs) we became aware that today was going to begin on a formal note. In one of the classroom...

The Final Week...

Well it's not quite here!  My 'official' last week in Tasmania will be from next Monday.  In preparation I have made plans to make the most of my time in Hobart and the surrounding areas, and of course to spend time with Dede.  We're going to be doing more sight-seeing than we've done since living here! 13th Saturday: Get up early (preferably before 12; this is a struggle for us!  My body clock is still following our night-fill hours) and go to Salamanca Market.  From 8pm, 13 of us will be heading to The Quarry for dinner, then from 10pm we'll be joined by 20 - 30 others! 14th Sunday: Free day.  Most likely recovering from the previous night. 15th Monday: Zoodoo (Ridiculous name, but apparently there are tigers!  I doubt it is a proper, big zoo, but it's the best Tasmania has, I guess).  Apparently there are some mazes in the area, but it's a good place for Dede to practice his new found love.  Photography. 16th Tuesday:  Port Arthu...