Skip to main content

One Day

Tomorrow I am leaving for Japan, and it really hasn't sunk in yet.  I wish it would because I just don't want to arrive at the airport, be about to leave and then have the full wight of it hit me!

It is really exciting, and I look forward to seeing Suzuka, Manami, Fumi and Mai again, but it is going to be so strange living on my own.  For the last two years I have been living with my boyfriend so this change is going to be difficult.

In regards to packing, I'd say I am halfway there, although my bag is pretty much full and I haven't put any shoes or underwear in.  I've probably put too many winter clothes in as well.  I'm terrified of going over the 20kg limit, apparently Qantas are really strict on bag weight now.  I have very few clothes which I can wear to work; mostly skirts which I don't think are very practical for running around after young children!  I have around two and a half free days in Nagoya before Orientation starts so I hope to do a little shopping for clothes and shoes (mostly for indoors).  I'm not so keen to be spending a lot...I will have AU$2500 in my Travelex card which I'm sure will be plenty for the first month, but it is easy to spend money in Japan without realising it.  At least I have the basic stuff that I didn't have last time, like an electronic dictionary and my hair straightener (for some silly reason I am taking two.  Yes I know it is not the best idea, everyone tells me, but I am paranoid about things like one not working and I don't want to buy another new one).

And I am not looking forward to the initial nine hour flight; I have my fingers crossed that I get a row of seats to myself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Post for Today!

Thought I should put up some of the photos that others have added of me on Facebook: I think I look about 10 years old in this one! Terrible photo of me! I never realised my hair colour was so light Welcoming Party...oh yes I love photos. Especially when they stand there for ages and I know it's about to happen. You're bound to get a lovely photo out of it. Pfft. The colour of my skin looks weird, and something is not quite right with my face! It's weird, I can't work it out... On a side note, 売買, pronounced baibai means buying and selling. Easy as! I'll have no trouble forgetting that one! Okay, back to study :D

Sugiyama Jogakuen Welcoming Party

...it was not a `party`. Today was rainy :( I still haven`t bought myself an umbrella. So when we left, I took one out of the stand. I hoped that whoever owned it wouldn`t be wanting to go out. I`ve noticed Japanese rain is remarkably different to when it rains in Tasmania. In Tasmania, the winds blow, so it`s impossible to use an umbrella anyway. It Japan there is very little, so the rain falls straight down. I actually prefer Tasmanian rain. You`ll hear why later. Sugiyama`s Sunday bus...I guess they don`t expect many people to be going to University. I couldn`t believe how much space there was! So, at 9.20am we arrived at Sugiyama, and I jumped immediately onto the computers. Still no news. There has been no news for a few days now, which is extremely disappointing. When there`s no news, it makes me feel isolated. Once inside CIEP (Center for International Exchange Programs) we became aware that today was going to begin on a formal note. In one of the classroom...

The Final Week...

Well it's not quite here!  My 'official' last week in Tasmania will be from next Monday.  In preparation I have made plans to make the most of my time in Hobart and the surrounding areas, and of course to spend time with Dede.  We're going to be doing more sight-seeing than we've done since living here! 13th Saturday: Get up early (preferably before 12; this is a struggle for us!  My body clock is still following our night-fill hours) and go to Salamanca Market.  From 8pm, 13 of us will be heading to The Quarry for dinner, then from 10pm we'll be joined by 20 - 30 others! 14th Sunday: Free day.  Most likely recovering from the previous night. 15th Monday: Zoodoo (Ridiculous name, but apparently there are tigers!  I doubt it is a proper, big zoo, but it's the best Tasmania has, I guess).  Apparently there are some mazes in the area, but it's a good place for Dede to practice his new found love.  Photography. 16th Tuesday:  Port Arthu...