Skip to main content

Drums

So recently, when Dede was still here in Kiso, we went for a trip to Matsumoto for shopping. We finally came upon a music store, where I think we were hoping to find a cheap guitar for him so he isn't out of practice. They had some electronic drum kits on the floor, and everyone was trying them out. I had a go after Dede was constantly coaxing me to; I've never liked playing in front of anyone before,  and especially now that I haven't played for a few years. But this kit was amazing, and to my surprise I found that I've still got it!

The good thing about an electronic drum kit is that it can be almost completely silent to those around you, if you want. Plus, it never goes out of tune. My old drum kit is so out of tune I don't think it will ever sound good again...if it ever did. So now I want one. Of course, these are incredibly expensive, if you want it to sound authentic. On one hand, I don't want one because of the price and I could buy so many other lovely things. On the other, I really enjoyed drumming the other day, especially when I realised I'm actually better than Dede. Dede who is a natural at all things he tries, in particular musical instruments. If I have a kit I will undoutably get better. I would probably practice more than I ever did in the past. When I listen to music these days, I've been listening to the drum beats and noting what I can and can't do. Of course, I couldn't get a kit of any kind here.  It will have to be back in Australia, whenever that  may be.

Well anyway, the purpose of the entry is to update with some photos! Unfortunately, Dede is gone, as is his fantastical camera that makes you look instantly 100% more attractive. For now we'll have to settle with my digital camera. Makes me want my my own DSLR now!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Post for Today!

Thought I should put up some of the photos that others have added of me on Facebook: I think I look about 10 years old in this one! Terrible photo of me! I never realised my hair colour was so light Welcoming Party...oh yes I love photos. Especially when they stand there for ages and I know it's about to happen. You're bound to get a lovely photo out of it. Pfft. The colour of my skin looks weird, and something is not quite right with my face! It's weird, I can't work it out... On a side note, 売買, pronounced baibai means buying and selling. Easy as! I'll have no trouble forgetting that one! Okay, back to study :D

Sugiyama Jogakuen Welcoming Party

...it was not a `party`. Today was rainy :( I still haven`t bought myself an umbrella. So when we left, I took one out of the stand. I hoped that whoever owned it wouldn`t be wanting to go out. I`ve noticed Japanese rain is remarkably different to when it rains in Tasmania. In Tasmania, the winds blow, so it`s impossible to use an umbrella anyway. It Japan there is very little, so the rain falls straight down. I actually prefer Tasmanian rain. You`ll hear why later. Sugiyama`s Sunday bus...I guess they don`t expect many people to be going to University. I couldn`t believe how much space there was! So, at 9.20am we arrived at Sugiyama, and I jumped immediately onto the computers. Still no news. There has been no news for a few days now, which is extremely disappointing. When there`s no news, it makes me feel isolated. Once inside CIEP (Center for International Exchange Programs) we became aware that today was going to begin on a formal note. In one of the classroom...

The Final Week...

Well it's not quite here!  My 'official' last week in Tasmania will be from next Monday.  In preparation I have made plans to make the most of my time in Hobart and the surrounding areas, and of course to spend time with Dede.  We're going to be doing more sight-seeing than we've done since living here! 13th Saturday: Get up early (preferably before 12; this is a struggle for us!  My body clock is still following our night-fill hours) and go to Salamanca Market.  From 8pm, 13 of us will be heading to The Quarry for dinner, then from 10pm we'll be joined by 20 - 30 others! 14th Sunday: Free day.  Most likely recovering from the previous night. 15th Monday: Zoodoo (Ridiculous name, but apparently there are tigers!  I doubt it is a proper, big zoo, but it's the best Tasmania has, I guess).  Apparently there are some mazes in the area, but it's a good place for Dede to practice his new found love.  Photography. 16th Tuesday:  Port Arthu...