Skip to main content

Eihoji Temple

A couple of weeks back Dede and I went on an adventure to nearby Tajimi, a city a bit bigger than Kani. We went to see Eihoji Temple, and here are the photos I took:


There were quite a few buildings leading up to the temple, so unfortunately I don't know what they were all called.





I wondered how many people had died in a well. Wells always seem to have scary stories. The Ring, obviously, but also a well at Himeji castle is supposed to be very haunted.


This orange gate seemed a bit out of place, and it even had love hearts carved into it.


Not Eihoji Temple.






Not Eihoji Temple, but close!


And this was the temple!! Of course, we came during repair work :(


And there was a scared snake! She slithered into the rocks behind her when Dede approached.


Dede setting up; he was there for about twenty minutes.




This would have been so beautiful, I wish I could've seen it.


Friendly koi and an inquisitive turtle. I love koi!


Dede was taking photos here for over half an hour. I got very bored. You can only look around for so long.


Because Dede hardly takes photos of me any more, I have to take tacky self-photos. I'm too afraid to smile because the surrounding people were already gawking at me enough.


I went on a mountain climbing adventure while waiting for Dede. Of course he had disappeared by the time I came back, and he had returned to the car.


My ducky friends.



Next we drove quite a way past Nakatsugawa to a rock museum.








They had a pyramid! Inside there is quite a fun maze, and it is really cool underground.










We found another temple, and this is the view from the top; a small theme park in the middle of the mountains.



Still not quite sure why I can now post photos. Maybe blogger changed it's mind...

I also want a DSLR like Dede now. According to him, the sky wouldn't be so white in my photos if I had the settings that a DSLR has. The sky was blue that day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Post for Today!

Thought I should put up some of the photos that others have added of me on Facebook: I think I look about 10 years old in this one! Terrible photo of me! I never realised my hair colour was so light Welcoming Party...oh yes I love photos. Especially when they stand there for ages and I know it's about to happen. You're bound to get a lovely photo out of it. Pfft. The colour of my skin looks weird, and something is not quite right with my face! It's weird, I can't work it out... On a side note, 売買, pronounced baibai means buying and selling. Easy as! I'll have no trouble forgetting that one! Okay, back to study :D

Sugiyama Jogakuen Welcoming Party

...it was not a `party`. Today was rainy :( I still haven`t bought myself an umbrella. So when we left, I took one out of the stand. I hoped that whoever owned it wouldn`t be wanting to go out. I`ve noticed Japanese rain is remarkably different to when it rains in Tasmania. In Tasmania, the winds blow, so it`s impossible to use an umbrella anyway. It Japan there is very little, so the rain falls straight down. I actually prefer Tasmanian rain. You`ll hear why later. Sugiyama`s Sunday bus...I guess they don`t expect many people to be going to University. I couldn`t believe how much space there was! So, at 9.20am we arrived at Sugiyama, and I jumped immediately onto the computers. Still no news. There has been no news for a few days now, which is extremely disappointing. When there`s no news, it makes me feel isolated. Once inside CIEP (Center for International Exchange Programs) we became aware that today was going to begin on a formal note. In one of the classroom...

The Final Week...

Well it's not quite here!  My 'official' last week in Tasmania will be from next Monday.  In preparation I have made plans to make the most of my time in Hobart and the surrounding areas, and of course to spend time with Dede.  We're going to be doing more sight-seeing than we've done since living here! 13th Saturday: Get up early (preferably before 12; this is a struggle for us!  My body clock is still following our night-fill hours) and go to Salamanca Market.  From 8pm, 13 of us will be heading to The Quarry for dinner, then from 10pm we'll be joined by 20 - 30 others! 14th Sunday: Free day.  Most likely recovering from the previous night. 15th Monday: Zoodoo (Ridiculous name, but apparently there are tigers!  I doubt it is a proper, big zoo, but it's the best Tasmania has, I guess).  Apparently there are some mazes in the area, but it's a good place for Dede to practice his new found love.  Photography. 16th Tuesday:  Port Arthu...