Skip to main content

Gangnam Style

If you haven't heard of the k-pop star Psy, you must really be living under a rock! His song Gangnam Style has been taking youtube (and the world) by storm since it's release in July this year. To be honest I was a little late catching onto this crazy myself. I first heard the song about two weeks ago and didn't really understand what everyone was raving about. For some reason I heard it again today, and I'm hooked!

Take a listen, it will make you smile!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

I listened to an interview with Psy and Ryan Seacrest, and Psy seems to be a really sweet, down to earth guy. Plus his English is really beautiful. He's already made about four albums if my wikipedia memory serves me correctly :p but I can't seem to find any music other than Gangnam Style! I'd really like to hear the rest of this album and the others. In the past he was quite controversial in Korea.

I hope to post some photos of my recent trip to Takayama, Gifu Prefecture soon :) お楽しみ!!

PS. Now I want to learn Korean. It sounds like such a difficult, but nice sounding language. Apparently the grammar is similar to Japanese, but it does mean I'd have to learn the writing system too, when I am far from mastering Japanese kanji. One day!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Post for Today!

Thought I should put up some of the photos that others have added of me on Facebook: I think I look about 10 years old in this one! Terrible photo of me! I never realised my hair colour was so light Welcoming Party...oh yes I love photos. Especially when they stand there for ages and I know it's about to happen. You're bound to get a lovely photo out of it. Pfft. The colour of my skin looks weird, and something is not quite right with my face! It's weird, I can't work it out... On a side note, 売買, pronounced baibai means buying and selling. Easy as! I'll have no trouble forgetting that one! Okay, back to study :D

Sugiyama Jogakuen Welcoming Party

...it was not a `party`. Today was rainy :( I still haven`t bought myself an umbrella. So when we left, I took one out of the stand. I hoped that whoever owned it wouldn`t be wanting to go out. I`ve noticed Japanese rain is remarkably different to when it rains in Tasmania. In Tasmania, the winds blow, so it`s impossible to use an umbrella anyway. It Japan there is very little, so the rain falls straight down. I actually prefer Tasmanian rain. You`ll hear why later. Sugiyama`s Sunday bus...I guess they don`t expect many people to be going to University. I couldn`t believe how much space there was! So, at 9.20am we arrived at Sugiyama, and I jumped immediately onto the computers. Still no news. There has been no news for a few days now, which is extremely disappointing. When there`s no news, it makes me feel isolated. Once inside CIEP (Center for International Exchange Programs) we became aware that today was going to begin on a formal note. In one of the classroom...

The Final Week...

Well it's not quite here!  My 'official' last week in Tasmania will be from next Monday.  In preparation I have made plans to make the most of my time in Hobart and the surrounding areas, and of course to spend time with Dede.  We're going to be doing more sight-seeing than we've done since living here! 13th Saturday: Get up early (preferably before 12; this is a struggle for us!  My body clock is still following our night-fill hours) and go to Salamanca Market.  From 8pm, 13 of us will be heading to The Quarry for dinner, then from 10pm we'll be joined by 20 - 30 others! 14th Sunday: Free day.  Most likely recovering from the previous night. 15th Monday: Zoodoo (Ridiculous name, but apparently there are tigers!  I doubt it is a proper, big zoo, but it's the best Tasmania has, I guess).  Apparently there are some mazes in the area, but it's a good place for Dede to practice his new found love.  Photography. 16th Tuesday:  Port Arthu...